Sleep Inc. is choosing to lead the way in environmental responsibility. We offer the only true end-of-life mattress recycling program in the bedding industry.
Last year alone, we were able to save over 60,000 old mattresses and foundations from the landfills through our end of life recycling initiative. Through these efforts, we take mattresses and foundations and break them down to their core components which are then ground or shredded and repurposed into other industries. Retailers can learn more information on how to join in our efforts to make a difference.
Sleep Inc. is also proud to have teamed up with the Dallas Stars and the Texas Rangers to help promote our green initiative. From sponsoring local Green Teams to metro-wide mattress recycling events, we helped lead the way in responsiblity and helping make a local difference.
As the 2012-2013 official mattress of the Dallas Stars, we teamed up to promote awareness of the importance of recycling. During the 2012-2013 regular season, our Green Team collected recyclable materials at home games to help promote the recycling efforts of the American Airlines Center. Also, we worked with the Stars to create a metro-wide recycling event that allowed residents to bring in old mattresses to be recycled. Promotions included TV commercials as well as radio spots and local billboards.
As a proud partner of the Texas Rangers in 2013, our Green Team also collected recyclables at the Rangers Stadium in Arlington during games. All of our efforts combined to help promote brand awareness and bring attention to the importance of our green efforts.
OUR GREEN TEAM PARTNERS:
OUR END-OF-LIFE MATTRESS RECYCLING PROGRAM
How the program works:
- Mattresses and foundations are picked up
- Mattresses and foundations are transported to the recycling facility
- Mattresses and foundations are dismantled
- Components are shredded, chopped and bailed, and sold for reuse in other industries
Some uses for the recycled components are:
- • Padding and foam are bailed and sold to be used in carpet pads and bike, car and motorcycled seats.
- • Wood is bailed and sold to companies that press and sell it as compressed wood, wood pellets, etc.
- • Wire and metal springs are bailed and sold to make benches, metal posts, light poles, etc.
- • Only the tape edge of a mattress cannot be recycled and those pieces are currently taken to a landfill. We continue to look for a source for recycling purposes of this material.
Watch Our Video
Join the Team, Do your Part, Make a Difference.
For more information, e-mail us today!